Day & Evening Classes Available!
* Not all campuses offer evening classes, contact MTI for more information on class schedules.
MTI Welding School
The School of Welding at MTI offers hands-on welding training programs to teach you skills in both welding and pipefitting, so that you’re prepared to work in a more diverse range of job environments and roles.
MTI’s School of Welding will teach you the following welding processes:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Gas Welding (GTAW/TIG)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW/MIG)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
How Can MTI Change Your Life?
“I chose MTI over any other trade school because I actually did my research on different schools…they just don’t want you to go there, they want you to succeed.”
Journeyman Welder Graduate
“Great paced classes. [I] learned a lot from my instructors during my 7-month [program] for welding. It feel[s] adequate enough to tackle the work force as a Journeyman Welder. I would encourage any serious people to attend and keep it up.”
Journeyman Welder Graduate
Welding & Pipefitting Program at MTI
The Welding & Pipefitting Program at Midwest Technical Institute gives you welder training skills that are essential to both welding and pipefitting work, including:
- Basic Fitting Principles
- Basic Pipe Fitting
- Advanced Pipe Fitting
In addition to learning welding and pipefitting, you will earn MTI welding certifications that help employers validate your skills and potentially increase your employability.
What Makes MTI Different?
Get hands-on training in a real weld shop environment
Complete your training in less than a year
All MTI instructors have real welding industry experience
Flexible Class Schedules
Choose class times that work for your busy schedule
Earn the welding qualifications & certifications you need
Career Placement Services
All qualified graduates receive lifetime career placement assistance
Resources to Help You Grow & Succeed
Financial Aid & Scholarships*
FREE Tutoring & Employment Prep
Lifetime Career Placement Services*
Community Events To Help Give Back
Childcare & Housing Location Assistance
Campus Events To Make New Connections
*Financial aid, scholarships, and lifetime career placement services available to those who qualify.
Are You Ready to Change Your Life?
Connect with an Admissions Representative
Take a Campus Tour
Meet the Financial Aid Team
Find a Welding School Near You
Springfield, MO3600 S. Glenstone Outer Road, Springfield, MO 65804
Learn to Weld at MTI’s Welding School
How Do MTI Students Pay for School?
Received Financial Aid
Received Grants From the Federal Government
Source: IPEDS Data for Midwest Technical Institute - Illinois
Start Your New Career at MTI’s Welding Trade School
A JOB is just a place you go to work—a CAREER is a path that moves you forward.
It’s time to TRADE UP! Trade your job for a career in the welding and pipefitting industry with hands-on career training at MTI.
Change your life in less than a year with hands-on welding & pipefitting training at MTI.
*MTI cannot and does not guarantee a student will obtain employment.
*Not all programs & courses are available at all campus locations
- Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges (ACCSC).
- MTI is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in federally-funded financial aid programs.
- Midwest Technical Institute is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education: 1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333, Springfield, IL 62701. For more info: www.ibhe.org
- Midwest Technical Institute is approved to operate by the Missouri Department of Higher Education.
- MTI is a member of the Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA).